Sunday 3 May 2009

FRONT COVER continued

I chose the selling line because it would be a joke that only true fans of blues and soul would understand. This is because blues/soul/jazz music is all syncopated and out of sync, which is what is special about this sort of music. Then I chose "but never out of style!" because it would be clever and quite funny.

I chose the cover line to say "Kelsey Wright gets naked" because it is controversial, however in reality its about her new song "Naked" which is then said in the double page spread. There is also a photo of her in a bathtub in the double page spread, and whilst she is not naked in the photo, there are connotations of nakedness.

I did some drawings using the brush tool because on the contents page and on the double page spread, there are lots of handwritten looking typefaces especially on the Polaroid pictures, so I thought the drawings would look effective on the front cover, almost as if the editing staff were very "creative" and laid back and it would just look arty and casual.

I created the bar code on Photoshop, by dragging a lot of horizontal straight lines onto a rectangle shape and then typing in random letters and numbers on the keyboard, then rotating the text 90 degrees and placing the text perpendicular to the lines. I then merged all the layers when I was happy with the bar code and superimposed it onto my front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment